- Gorilla safaris
- Uganda safaris
- Uganda safari packages
- 1-2 Days Trips
- 3 Days Trips
- 3 Day ngamba island chimpanzee tour
- 3 Days lake bunyonyi safari
- 3 Days Uganda rwanda gorilla trekking experience
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari
- 3 days kibale chimpanzee tracking safari
- 3 Days uganda gorilla trekking safari
- 3 Days Murchison falls safari
- 3 Day Semiliki national park safari
- 3 Day sese island tour
- 4 -6 Days Trips
- 4 Days Chimpanzee and wildlife safari
- 4 Days kidepo valley park safari
- 4 Days uganda gorilla and chimpanzee safari
- 5 Day Uganda gorilla and wildlife safari
- 6 Days uganda gorilla and wildlife safari
- 6 days Uganda gorilla rwanda safari
- 6 days queen elizabeth , bwindi and lake mburo park safari
- 6 Days Rwanda gorilla and wildlife safari
- 7 – 10 Days Trips
- 7 Days pearl of Africa safari
- 7 Days Uganda chimpanzee and wildlife safari
- 7 Days Uganda holiday adventure
- 7 Days uganda primates and wildlife safari
- 8 Days uganda gorilla , chimpanzee and wildlife safari
- 8 Days Uganda Adventure
- 9 Days Uganda chimpanzee, gorillas & adventure safari
- 10 Days rwenzori hiking Adventure
- 10 Days Uganda Safari
- 10 Days Best uganda kenya safari
- 11 – 21 Days Trips
- 11 Days gorillas, chimpanzee and wildlife safari
- 12 Days Uganda gorilla and wildlife safari
- 14 Days Uganda wildlife safari
- 15 Days Uganda adventure and wildlife safari
- 15 Days Uganda gorillas, chimpanzee & adventure safari
- 17 Days Uganda gorillas and wildlife safari
- 18 Days Uganda gorilla, chimpanzee & adventure safari
- 19 Days Uganda safari
- 19 Days Uganda & adventure safari
- 19 Days Uganda safari
- 21 Days Uganda safari
- Uganda birding safaris
- Uganda National parks
- Uganda safari packages
- Rwanda Tours
- Rwanda Safari packages
- Rwanda National parks
- Kenya safaris
- Kenya safari packages
- Kenya National park
- About Us
- Contact Us
Semuliki National park
Semuliki National park: is found in Bundibugyo district and it covers a total area of two hundred and twenty square kilometers, siting on an altitude range of 670 to 760 meters above sea level. The forest is home to 53 mammals of which 27 are large mammals and 11 species are endemic to the park including the pygmy antelope and two flying squirrel species. It is also home to the peculiar water chevrotain known as the fanged deer.
The park is home to forest elephant and buffalo which are smaller versions of their savannah-dwelling relatives. The forest is remarkably rich in primates including the chimpanzee, baboon, grey-cheeked manga bey, black-and-white colobus, Central African red colobus, blue, red-tailed, de Brazza’s, vervet, and Dent’s monkeys, nocturnal primates and bush baby. Hippos and crocodiles are common along the Semliki River.
What to do in Semuliki National Park
Semuliki National Park has over 60 different types of mammals living within this park among which are 11 species endemic here and 27 large mammals. Some of the animals you will see here include: the pygmy antelope, flying squirrels, water chevrotain, forest elephants, as well as buffaloes, furthermore, within the shallow waters of Semiliki River, you will be able to see numerous crocodiles and hippos.
Semliki National Park is one of the top birding destinations in Uganda with over 441 recorded species. There are 46 Guinea-Congo biome bird species which cannot be found anywhere else in East Africa. Some of the bird species include; Maxwell’s Black Weaver, Nkulengu Rail, Red-billed helmet-Shrike, Yellow-throated Cuckoo, Piping Hornbill, Red-billed Dwarf Hornbill, Black Dwarf Hornbill, Great blue and Ross’s Turaco and much more.
Visit the Beautiful Sempaya Hot Springs
These hot springs are two in number: one being the ‘male’ referred to as Bintente located in a swamp-clearing, and it is twelve (12) meters wide. The second one which is the ‘female’ is locally known as Nyasimbi, and this means ‘female ancestors’ in the local language. Its water boils to a temperature of 103°C and forms a cloud of steam right over the bubbling water and when you visit this hot spring, you will see people boiling some food stuffs such as eggs and bananas.
There are a number of different primates found in this park that can best be seen during our forest walks. Some of the commonly seen primates in the park include: chimpanzees, de Brazza’s, baboons, red-tailed monkeys, vervet monkeys, grey-cheeked mangabeys, Central-African red colobus monkeys, Dent’s mona monkeys, black and white colobus monkeys as well as the blue monkeys.
Best time to Visit Semuliki National Park
This beautiful national park can be visited throughout the year however for the best wildlife views we recommend you avoid the wet season and visit during the dry months.
The park has got a lot of lodges, camps & hotels for accommodation ranging from luxury, budget and mid-range and these are available both inside and outside the park. You can book your accommodation through our company and early bookings are advised.
- Semuliki safari loge
- Ntoroko game lodge
- Kirimia guesthouse
- Bamuga campsite
Below are some of our short and long safari packages to different Ugandan parks and other attractive places.