- Gorilla safaris
- Uganda safaris
- Uganda safari packages
- 1-2 Days Trips
- 3 Days Trips
- 4 -6 Days Trips
- 4 Days Chimpanzee and wildlife safari
- 4 Days Kidepo Valley Park Safari
- 4 Days Uganda gorilla and chimpanzee safari
- 5 Days Uganda gorilla and wildlife safari
- 6 Days Uganda gorilla and wildlife safari
- 6 days Uganda gorilla rwanda safari
- 6 Days Queen-Bwindi & Lake Mburo safari
- 6 Days Rwanda gorilla and wildlife safari
- 7 – 10 Days Trips
- 7 Days Pearl of Africa safari
- 7 Days Uganda chimpanzee and wildlife safari
- 7 Days Uganda holiday adventure
- 7 Days Uganda primates and wildlife safari
- 8 Days gorilla-chimpanzee & wildlife safari
- 8 Days Uganda Amazing Safari
- 9 Days chimpanzee-gorillas & adventure safari
- 10 Days Rwenzori hiking Adventure
- 10 Days Uganda Safari
- 10 Days Best uganda kenya safari
- 11 – 21 Days Trips
- 11 Days gorillas-chimpanzee & wildlife safari
- 12 Days Uganda gorilla and wildlife safari
- 14 Days Uganda wildlife safari
- 15 Days Uganda Adventure and Wildlife Safari
- 16 Days Uganda primates & wildlife safari
- 17 Days Uganda gorillas and wildlife safari
- 18 Days gorilla-chimpanzee & adventure safari
- 19 Days Uganda safari
- 21 Days Uganda safari
- Uganda birding safaris
- Uganda National parks
- Uganda safari packages
- Rwanda Tours
- Rwanda Safari packages
- Rwanda National parks
- Kenya safaris
- Kenya safari packages
- Kenya National park
- Travel Blog
- About Us
- Contact Us
Samburu National park
Samburu National Park : Samburu, Shaba & Buffalo Springs are 3 Reserves bordering one another in the dry landscape of North Central Kenya. The wildlife congregates around the Ewaso Ngiro River which runs through the Reserves. Besides the wildlife (elephant, giraffe, leopard, zebra, blue-legged ostriches), a highlight of any visit is to meet the Samburu people a nomad paranilotic tribe closely related to a Maasai. Shaba is less visited of the three and also the largest while Samburu National reserve and Buffalo springs are similar in surface area. Samburu and Buffalo Springs are adjacent reserves, separated only by a river that can be easily crossed through a bridge some 3 km upstream Samburu Game Lodge. But it turns out that the river is also the border between two different counties, Samburu and Isiolo. Therefore, if you wish to enjoy the full ecosystem from both river margins, you have to pay double, so most visitors just remain at the side of the river where their lodge is located.
These parks hosts different bird species and these include; the yellow billed hornbills, sand grouse, Taita falcons, Grey headed king fishers, somali ostriches, pygmy falcons, secretary birds, yellow billed ox peckers, doves, black-capped social weaver and much more.
This is done by Samburu armed guide who will show you how to interpret animals tracks and also show you a lot of plant species normally used for their traditional medicine. Guided nature walks can be done at the banks of Ewaso Ng’iro river where you experience a lot of nature and wildlife.
These are usually morning, afternoon and full day game drives. There are various species to be seen in these parks and these include; spotted hyena, impalas, warthogs, African elephants, hippos, waterbucks, cheetahs, fringe eared Oryx, Zebras, Lion, Grevy’s zebras among others.
Tourists can engage in swimming at Ewaso Ng’iro river but normally advised to carry your own swimming gears and also while here expect different fish species to be caught.
You can enjoy cultural experience from the local Samburu community living around the park with their unique nomadic life style. Entertainment is most enjoyed in the evenings with local dances from the traditional dancing groups. There are also various craft shops where you can buy some souvenirs to take back home for remembrance.
How to get there
4-5 hour drive from Nairobi city
1hr 20mins using and aircraft
The park has got a lot of lodges, camps & hotels for accommodation ranging from luxury, budget and mid-range and these are available both inside and outside the park. You can book your accommodation through our company and early bookings are advised.
- Elephant Bedroom Camp
- Samburu Riverside Tented Camp
- Northern Galaxy Hotel
Below are some of our short and long Kenya safaris to to different National Parks in Kenya.