- Gorilla safaris
- Uganda safaris
- Uganda safari packages
- 1-2 Days Trips
- 3 Days Trips
- 4 -6 Days Trips
- 4 Days Chimpanzee and wildlife safari
- 4 Days Kidepo Valley Park Safari
- 4 Days Uganda gorilla and chimpanzee safari
- 5 Days Uganda gorilla and wildlife safari
- 6 Days Uganda gorilla and wildlife safari
- 6 days Uganda gorilla rwanda safari
- 6 Days Queen-Bwindi & Lake Mburo safari
- 6 Days Rwanda gorilla and wildlife safari
- 7 – 10 Days Trips
- 7 Days Pearl of Africa safari
- 7 Days Uganda chimpanzee and wildlife safari
- 7 Days Uganda holiday adventure
- 7 Days Uganda primates and wildlife safari
- 8 Days gorilla-chimpanzee & wildlife safari
- 8 Days Uganda Amazing Safari
- 9 Days chimpanzee-gorillas & adventure safari
- 10 Days Rwenzori hiking Adventure
- 10 Days Uganda Safari
- 10 Days Best uganda kenya safari
- 11 – 21 Days Trips
- 11 Days gorillas-chimpanzee & wildlife safari
- 12 Days Uganda gorilla and wildlife safari
- 14 Days Uganda wildlife safari
- 15 Days Uganda Adventure and Wildlife Safari
- 16 Days Uganda primates & wildlife safari
- 17 Days Uganda gorillas and wildlife safari
- 18 Days gorilla-chimpanzee & adventure safari
- 19 Days Uganda safari
- 21 Days Uganda safari
- Uganda birding safaris
- Uganda National parks
- Uganda safari packages
- Rwanda Tours
- Rwanda Safari packages
- Rwanda National parks
- Kenya safaris
- Kenya safari packages
- Kenya National park
- Travel Blog
- About Us
- Contact Us
Kibale Forest National Park
Kibale National Park: contains one of the loveliest and most varied tracts of tropical forest in Uganda. Forest cover, interspersed with patches of grassland and swamp, dominates the northern and central parts of the park on an elevated plateau and the park is famously known for chimpanzee tracking. The park is also a home to a total of 70 mammal species, most famously 13 species of primate including the chimpanzee. It also contains over 375 bird species, Kibale adjoins Queen Elizabeth National Park to the south to create a 180km-long corridor for wildlife between Ishasha, the remote southern sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park, and Sebitoli in the north of Kibale National Park. The Kibale-Fort Portal area is one of Uganda’s most rewarding destinations to explore. The park lies close to the tranquil Ndali-Kasenda crater area and within half a day’s drive of the Queen Elizabeth, Rwenzori Mountains and Semliki National Parks, as well as the Toro-Semliki Wildlife Reserve.
What to do in Kibale Forest National Park
After Bwindi Impenetrable Forest it is the favorite Primate Park to visit in Uganda and what makes Kibale Forest even more popular are the added plus items that one can do and see on a chimpanzee trekking or habitation experience safaris to the park.
Bigodi Wetlands Sanctuary is simply a swamp in the tropical jungle, filled with natural wonders that have amazed and delights thousands each year as they trek through this Jungle Swamp. Primates including chimpanzees in the afternoon, birds including the large Blue Turaco.
Hiking and Nature walks
There are plenty of day-hikes in or near the park for you to enjoy the various aspects of the Kibale Forest and the surrounding area.
Nature walks and hikes abound in, near and around Kibale Forest National Park in Uganda. There is even a hike that traverses the length of the park where each night you sleep in a different area outside of the park.
The Amabere caves just a short drive are a combination of legends and nature you will hear the stories of old and see nature at work as you are guided on the hike to the caves and the waterfall.
Visit this amazing cave for its beauty, natural wonder and cultural legends. It is located not too far from Kibale Forest and is a most welcomed addition to the other places in, near, or around Kibale Forest Park.
The Nakayima Witch’s Tree
This is a cultural and traditional worship site that you can visit on the way to Kibale from Kampala or from Kibale to Kampala. Commonly called the Witch’s Tree it is on top of a hill with great views, it is used by Ugandans who come and appeal to the spirits in the case of illness, infertility, diseases and relationships.
The park has got a lot of lodges, camps & hotels for accommodation ranging from luxury, budget and mid-range and these are available both inside and outside the park. You can book your accommodation through our company and early bookings are advised.
- Ndali lodge
- Primate lodge
- Kyaninga lodge
- Chimps nest
- Chimpanzee forest guest house
- Kibale forest camp
- Mountains of the moon hotel
- Rweteera safari park
- Nyinabulitwa Country resort & safari camp
- Lake Nkuruba Nature Reserve & Community Campsite
Below are some of our short and long safari packages to different Ugandan parks and other attractive places.